Issue #31712: Revisit: Weapons enchanted with Frost Damage do double damage to Stamina
As previously discussed elsewhere, EnchFrostDamageFFContact [MGEF:0004605B] does double damage to Stamina. Here are my arguments for why this change should be reverted:
1. The enchantment description does not reflect this fact.
2. All other Frost Damage effects only do 1x damage to Stamina.
3. The Stamina Damage enchantment is grossly overshadowed by Frost Damage, which does more Stamina damage and also damages Health and slows the target.
4. It could seem that the change to the effect happened early in development when The Pale Blade was created, by a developer who inaptly changed the generic effect instead of creating a unique effect for the weapon.
5. As a mod author, it's hard to create any sort of competitive balance involving damage to Stamina when Frost Damage is so strong.
Here are my only arguments to not revert the change:
1. Many copies of the effect have been created, perhaps some by Bethesda (?) but definitely by mod authors, so there are replica effects in circulation which would not be affected by the fix.
2. People like buffs, they don't like nerfs. It could be another (dumb) reason that people can point at to not use the patch.
All the other types of Frost Damage effects that I have checked only did 1x damage to Stamina, but I haven't actually verified that it's every single one of them.
Comment #1 Nov 19, 2021 8:18 pm Edited by BlackPete on Nov 19, 2021 8:41 pm
Showing Comments 1 - 1 of 1